- Phlebotomist Tech
Hospitals, laboratories and other employers have an increasing demand for phlebotomists. Most seek, and many require, a professional certification. With a CPT certification, you’ll have the credentials you need to set yourself apart from other applicants as you embark on a rewarding healthcare career. As more employers require phlebotomy certifications, a CPT will help improve your marketability in a growing and rewarding field.
As a Phlebotomy Technician, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients’ ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials
Phlebotomy Technicians are critical team members at hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and blood donor centers. As advancements in medical technology rise, it’s an especially exciting time to begin a career in this thriving field. Earning your Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) certification from NHA can give employers confidence in your skills and abilities. Set yourself up for success and reach your career goals in the rewarding healthcare industry.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)